We know meetings are necessary. We also know that meetings are frustrating and are seen by many as a waste of time. It doesn’t have to be that way. In today’s world of tight finances, truncated timelines, increased workloads and demands for workplace democracy, working together is a given. We know we need to make group decisions. We’d like to make them in a positive atmosphere and as quickly as possible. If you want meetings that are participatory, effective and productive, Meetings That Work can help. Tall order? Perhaps, but we believe the tools in this course will prepare you to be a better meeting facilitator – a better facilitative leader. Meetings That Work provides facilitative methods and tools for planning and leading meetings.
Design Effective Meetings
- Prepare more thoroughly
- Create engaging agendas
- Construct meaningful questions
Get Better Meeting Results
- Increase group productivity
- Enable groups to get results
- Create solid group consensus
Create a Participatory Environment
- Handle diverse situations
- Deal with difficult situations
- Develop a sense of teamwork
Gain Confidence as a Facilitative Leader
- Learn highly useful tools and techniques
- Enhance meaningful participation
- Communicate more effectively in groups
The course covers 4 major areas:
Enhancing participation and group productivity
It will help you understand how to increase group participation and make group decision making more effectively.
Planning and facilitating meeting agenda items
It will provide you with practical tools for facilitating agenda items in meetings
Designing and orchestrating meetings
A section on planning, preparing for and facilitating whole meetings
Playing the role of meeting facilitator more effectively
Throughout the course, there are valuable tools, contexts and guidelines that will deepen your capacities as a facilitative leader
Session One Participating in Meetings
- What makes a great meeting?
- Participation at its best
- Levels of involvement in decision making
- Facilitating brainstorming
Session Two Participating in Meetings
- Key elements of dialogue
- Asking questions to promote dialogue
- Planning for agenda items in meetings
- Creating facilitation plans for agenda items
Session Three Designing Meetings
- Keys to healthy communication
- Preparing for meetings
- Creating meeting designs
- Meeting planning
Session Four Facilitating Meetings
- Stages in the group’s journey
- Facilitator’s role
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Personal action planning
Meeting That Work will help you plan, prepare and facilitate effective meetings. It will enable you to
- Enhance participation and group productivity
- Plan and facilitate meeting agenda items
- Design and orchestrate meetings
- Play the role of meeting facilitator more effectively
Meetings That Work is designed for anyone who plans and leads meetings on a regular basis
- Organizational leaders and managers responsible for strategic and operational planning meetings.
- Project managers responsible for guiding a whole project cycle.
- Team leaders responsible for organizational operations and project implementation.
- Community leaders responsible for planning and implementing action campaigns.
- Government officials responsible program development, project implementation and policy formation.
- Facilitators responsible for enabling group productivity.